Haridwar Places to Visit: As an ancient city nestled amidst the majestic Himalayas, Haridwar stands as a gateway to spirituality and rejuvenation. Revered as one of Hinduism’s holiest pilgrimage sites, the city draws devotees from across the globe, seeking solace and blessings from the sacred Ganges River that flows through its heart.
Top Places to Visit in Haridwar
Sure. Here is more information on the following places, including their opening and closing timings:
- Har Ki Pauri: Har Ki Pauri is the most sacred ghat in Haridwar and is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva’s footprints are imprinted on a stone slab. It is also the place where the Ganga Aarti, a mesmerizing fire ritual, is performed every evening.
Opening and closing timings: Har Ki Pauri is open 24 hours a day. The Ganga Aarti is performed at 6:00 PM in the summer and 7:00 PM in the winter.
- Mansa Devi Temple: Mansa Devi Temple is dedicated to Goddess Mansa, who is believed to grant wishes. The temple is located on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the city and the Ganges River.
Opening and closing timings: Mansa Devi Temple is open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Chandi Devi Temple: Chandi Devi Temple is dedicated to Goddess Chandi, a form of Durga. The temple is located on a hilltop and offers breathtaking views of Haridwar and the surrounding hills.
Opening and closing timings: Chandi Devi Temple is open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Sapt Rishi Ashram: Sapt Rishi Ashram is believed to be the place where seven sages once resided. The ashram offers a peaceful retreat amidst serene surroundings.
Opening and closing timings: Sapt Rishi Ashram is open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Bharat Mata Mandir: Bharat Mata Mandir is a unique temple that houses a 3D map of India carved in marble. The temple also showcases various aspects of Indian culture and heritage.
Opening and closing timings: Bharat Mata Mandir is open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary: Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary is a haven for nature enthusiasts and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including elephants, leopards, and various bird species.
Opening and closing timings: Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary is open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Rajaji National Park: Rajaji National Park is a sprawling protected area known for its rich biodiversity. The park offers opportunities for wildlife safaris, bird watching, and nature walks.
Opening and closing timings: Rajaji National Park is open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Shanti Kunj: Shanti Kunj is a renowned spiritual center and is the headquarters of All World Gayatri Pariwar (AWGP). The ashram offers a peaceful environment for meditation and spiritual exploration.
Opening and closing timings: Shanti Kunj is open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Best Time to Visit Haridwar
Haridwar is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit is during the pleasant months of March to May and September to November. During these periods, the weather is favorable, and the city is abuzz with pilgrims and tourists.
Working Hours of Temples and Ghats
Most temples and ghats in Haridwar are open from dawn to dusk, typically between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM. However, some temples have specific opening and closing hours, so it’s advisable to check the timings before visiting.
How to Reach Haridwar
Haridwar is well-connected by road, rail, and air:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, approximately 20 km from Haridwar.
- By Rail: Haridwar Junction is the main railway station, well-connected to major cities in India.
- By Road: Haridwar is easily accessible via road from Delhi and other cities in Uttarakhand.
Where to Stay in Haridwar
Haridwar caters to a wide range of budgets, offering a variety of accommodation options:
- Budget Hotels: Hotel Shiva Palace, Gopi Dham Ashram, Riddhi Siddhi Hotel, Hotel Queen
- Mid-Range Hotels: The Ganges Park, Haridwar Heritage Hotel, The Haridwar Paradise, Hotel Holy City
- Luxurious Hotels: The Lalit Haridwar, The Moti Mahal Palace, The Pride Hotel, Haridwar, Radisson Blu Hotel Haridwar
Points to Remember When Visiting Haridwar
- Dress modestly when visiting temples and ghats.
- Remove your shoes before entering temples and ashrams.
- Respect the local customs and traditions.
- Be mindful of the sanctity of the
Hope you liked the article on Haridwar Places to Visit. Don’t forget to comment below about your Haridwar tour.